Friday, October 3, 2014

Kristyn's TBR blog!





How do I manage my TBR?

Well, I used to be very dependent on goodreads. I did everything on goodreads. At least once a month I would go through and see what authors had new books coming out and add them. Now, I actually preorder everything I want to read. I have books on preorder all the way up to the middle of next year. I will add something on goodreads if I want to try it and know I will forget it. 



385
 This is my goodreads TBR number. I have about 20 books on my shelves that I haven't read yet that I don't think is on my goodreads. I don't think some of my preorders are on their as well. 

Is my TBR ebook or print. 
I love hardbacks. I will buy a book in both formats a lot of times. If i cant afford both, I will buy the hardback before i buy the ebook. I don't like paperbacks so I will buy those in just ebook. 

How do I determine what to read next?
A lot of times ill just randomly pick something and start reading. I at any given time will have 4 or 5 books that I am currently reading on goodreads. I always have an audio book for when I clean, an ebook that i read on my phone and a physical copy that I cant afford the ebook for. Any other book is probably one I started and just wasn't in the mood for. Ill pick it up, start on it and just not be in the mood, so ill leave it on my reading and eventually move it back to my TBR list. I also get in the mood to read a certain genre and Ill stick with that for a while.

 A book that's been on my TBR list the longest.
Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning #1) by Ellen Conner.  I added this on my Goodreads on March 17th 2011. If anyone has read this, let me know if I should finally give it a try!


A book I recently added to my TBR

The Jewel by Amy Ewing. I added this because it was one of those if you loved this book then you will love this one. The article I read said if you loved the selection series you will like this. I think I might actually read this next!


A book on my TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
I dont think I have ever judged a book by its cover. Except for some reason unattractive guys on the cover make me not want to read it.  I could have said The Jewel again but The prophet by Amanda Stevens is pretty and seeing it made me remember how much i loved this series and how i still need to read this one.


A book on my TBR that I never plan on reading.
I probably have a ton that I will never read but I plan on reading them all... eventually. but honestly I will never read 50 shades freed. I actually had it marked as read when I only read two chapters. I just didn't like the series enough to finish.


An unpublished book on my TBR that I am excited for.
There is so many! Lair of Dreams by Libba Brey is one, the next Throne of Glass book by Sarah J Maas is another. So many more but of course the one I want and need the most is the next Karen Marie Moning!! I am so so so (enter a thousand so's here) excited! I am going to do a whole reread starting in December and read ALL of her books. Even the highlander ones. I have to restrain myself cause I want to start now.


A book on my TBR that basically everyone has read except me.
I could again say 50 shades freed but I am going to go with the Divergent series.  I read the first one but that is it. And honestly I liked the movie better.


A book on my TBR that everyone recommends to me
Everyone being Catherine. Anything by Codi Gary and Robyn Peterman. And I swear I will! I have met both of these wonderful ladies and I think they are awesome but I have never read their books!! I will Catherine, I promise! 

A book on my TBR that I am dying to read
Can I say Karen Marie Moning again? ok, Ill go with a published book that I just haven't gotten around to. My memory is bad. I don't know if its cause I read so much I get everything all mixed up or because I read so fast. who knows but if I don't read a series for a while, I have to reread. I am currently rereading Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series. I cant wait to get caught up so I can read Magic Breaks!

The number of books on my TBR.
I really dont know how to add this up. Im just gonna stick with my goodreads and say 385. But if I added in my preorders and the books on my bookcase that I haven't read yet Id say about 450.  I am also a big rereader. If i havent read a series in a while, when the new book comes out, I will reread them all. There are so many that I am planning to reread. I haven't read the new Merry Gentry book by Laurel K Hamilton so I am rereading those very slowly, The Kate Daniels series I am rereading right now. So So many so I would have to add another 100 or more just out of all my reread books. So who knows!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment