Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sinful Rewards #4

Four years ago, Bee Carter left her tiny hometown, escaping her tormentors. She concealed her tarnished reputation under a good-girl persona, hiding her history from Nicolas, her strong and silent billionaire; Hawke, her tattooed bad-boy biker; and Cyndi, her man-crazy best friend.
Today, she's returning home … and she's not alone. Some of her deepest, darkest secrets will be revealed. Trust will be tested. Clothing and inhibitions will be discarded. Bee and her hometown will never be the same.
When her past and her present collide, will any of Bee's relationships survive?

***
There are a few things you need to know about me: 
1) I have been #TeamJellyBeanBillionaire for the last THREE books. (This means #TeamNicolas for those who don't know) 
2) Something serious changed in me while reading this installment, and I went from #TeamNicolas to #TeamConfused to #TeamHawkeBUTIhopeNicolasFindsHisHEAJustNotWithBee. :) 
3) This book has made me contemplate 1)Kidnapping to get answers 2) Somehow stopping the production of Nutella to get answers 3)Sleep away this month until I get answers.

On to the review. 
Cynthia welcomes you back to the windy city of Chicago. Bee is still unemployed and getting ready for her trip to Happydale. While she may dread having to lie to her Mom about her employment status, she is looking forward to her dinner date with her handsome billionaire. She has a proposition from her friend, Lona, that she is sure she will turn down so she lets the meeting wait until after her shift at the Diner. Concern also fills her about what her Billionaire will think about the hot and heavy action that occurred between her and Hawke. 
This review is going to be handled a little differently. I am going to break it up by characters. My mind went in 12 different directions with each character in this installment. 
Lona: Lona might just be my new favorite character. So many judgements passed on her by her choice of occupation. I have been intrigued by her interest in Bee from the beginning. Many questions are brought up in this book. 1) Nicolas runs extensive background checks on his tenants, you have to wonder why an uptight business man like him would allow (yes, he is a control freak) her to reside in his building.  2)Then you have Hawke's knowledge of Lona. What does he think about Bee taking a "job" from her? Bee can't disclose the details, what will he think? 3) The friendship blossoming between Bee & Lona will affect Bee - but how? 
Cyndi: Cyndi's dreams came true in the last installment. I am eager to see Angel's reaction. (Yeah, I need a "IN YOUR FACE!" moment... Angel just makes me cringe) While Cyndi isn't physically in this installment, she is always around: 1) Bowl of Jelly Beans on the counter. 2) Her messy room with the door left open for Bee's sake. 3) A text message that contains FOUR words that made both Bee and I giggle.
Cyndi texts me. Her message consists of four words - I'm in Hollywood, beyotch. I laugh. Only my vivacious, insanely wealthy friend would fly across the country on a whim.
Nicolas: The man has everything at his fingertips, except time. A 4 A.M. arrival for his "Dinner Date" with Bee shows just how time consuming his business life is. From the beginning, I have loved his control and his small gestures of love. The ice cream...Swoon worthy. Rides to work...Be still my heart. I have been on Nicolas' side throughout the previous 3 books, I just can't get over the inability to make time for Bee. I get it. He is a busy guy. Heck, Bee gets it. She knows what she is signing up for. I just... I need her to be a priority. She needs that. Over the moon love. And then... the man goes and does what he does at the end of the book! ... My Un-Still Heart is experiencing a SWOON overload. 
"What?" I feign disbelief. "You've never had Heavenly Hash ice cream? No wonder you're an asshole. You've lived a deprived life."

My control-freak billionaire is trying to peer into the condo. I swing the door open. "Peepholes only work one way," I tease.
"I thought you might require retinal indentification." Nicolas smiles, his white teeth flashing in his tanned face, and I inhale sharply. He's so damn handsome..."


Hawke: Arrogant. Pushy. Hot as hell. Hawke hasn't been my favorite player in the game this far. I have been sure to share my distaste in his place in Bee's life. He made it his personal mission to sway my vote in this installment. A few Hawke related thoughts: 1) I might have a busboy thing now. 2) His interruption skills are EPIC. 3) "Passion isn't tidy." 4) What they share is real. No forced images, she lets go of her fears and faces them, not alone... with a biker whose real name she doesn't know. But she holds his most valuable possession close to her heart.
"The luscious slice of beefcake is Hawke." Smothering my laughter, I pour hot water into cups and set tea bags on the saucers. "I'm afraid we have only one of him."

Boyfriend: He didn't have to answer his phone. 

Boyfriend: I take YOU seriously. 

Bee: Bee. Bee. Bee. I feel for you. Everything you THINK you want and need vs. Braving the open road on the back of a bike with the wind in your hair and your Past in the future. When it comes to Bee, I think Lona, Cyndi, Nicolas and Hawke all play important roles in Bee finding out who she really is. Cyndi represents what Bee doesn't quite understand yet: You don't need to BE wealthy and all the things she desires to BE a part of that world. Cyndi loves her friend just the way she is. Lona offers her the idea that your past doesn't have to define your future. Hawke offers a brave outlook and the knowledge that life can be worse, as well as stopping to see the smaller details in a big picture. Nicolas offers a challenge and passion on a different level than Hawke. He represents her idea of perfection. As she sees that perfection comes with flaws, hopefully she will realize that perfection is unobtainable, and she will focus on her true happiness. Either way - she gets a HOTTIE!
I find my phone and text Hawke. "I'm going to kick your ass."

"I'm falling asleep," I share. "Will I see you tomorrow?"
"You'll see me every tomorrow," Hawke vows, telling me exactly what I want to hear. 


My favorite LINE from the the book! 
Overall Thoughts
Cynthia now holds the title of the Queen of Cliffhangers. I was left saying some choice curse words that then followed a loving message to Cynthia about how much I love her and this series. We might have gone off on a Blaine related tangent... Blaine is from the Seen Trilogy (also by Cynthia!) And he makes a quick cameo, and trust and believe I will fangirl HARD when his happens. One final thing to fangirl over before I leave you to begin the countdown to Sinful Rewards 5, is the Dedication. Holy Hell - the blog was mentioned in the Dedication. I squealed like 80's baby over some NKOTB tickets! 

NOW LET'S SHOW CYNTHIA SOME NUTELLA COVERED LOVE: 
Like her AUTHOR page on Facebook
Follow her (You know Hawke does) on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment