Or has she?
A violent early morning confrontation pits biker against billionaire and results in a shocking proposal: the discarded man is willing to overlook Bee's wild night with his rival in order to win her love. He will sacrifice his pride, his heart, and everything he holds dear to have her.
Bee is unmoved by the offer … until the man she's chosen encourages her to accept.
Now Bee is yet again faced with an impossible decision: Does she pursue the man she craves, who has rejected her love, or does she settle for the man who will do anything for her?
- "We can't have that." I smiled. "You're already a complete asshole. Sucking up will only make your condition worse." (I love the friendship formed between Bee & Nicolas)
- "I rarely joke," he pompously informs me. (When he propositions Bee outside of club R - I almost died laughing at the responses from other women. "What? She said no?" a woman blurts. "She is crazy." "I'll do it, Mr. Rainer!")
- "And it was also about proving I could do it. I'm Nicolas Rainer, after all," he boasts, his normal grim expression boyish and carefree. "I can do anything." (Oh lord!)
- "True. True." Mack nods, his shoulders lowering. "Fuck. I almost took the billion dollars, and I don't swing that way."
- "Sure wish we knew where to get a half-decent grilled cheese sandwich around here," he adds. "That would hit the spot right now."