Jane Marshall always believed in the power of positive thinking and all that could create. She felt accomplished in her career, and was blessed with great friends and family. And yet, she questioned whether or not there existed a man that would be able to unleash and explore her inexperienced heart…until she laid eyes on Adam.
Will Adam be able to let go of his past and accept Jane for the genuine soul she truly is? Will Jane be able to navigate through never before had feelings? Are there some things that are even beyond the control of two highly intelligent people? Discover the truth in …Secret Kiss
- Any book with Vanilla Ice references is a book I can dig! Her motto came from the immortal words of Vanilla Ice: if there was a problem, yo, she'd solve it.
- Same goes for a funny Twilight reference! Why you ask? Maybe it allows me to really feel into the book. I worked at Borders during the CRAZINESS that was Twilight in real time. He'd never had vampire urges before, but apparently, Jane brought out the Twilight in him.
- Crazy family members are THE BEST!
- And then there is Jane. I love Jane. Jane is awkward in social situation, uncomfortable being the center of attention and clumsy. So, to say to simply - she is me in book form. Therefore, I love her.
- The love is real. The authors love for the characters they pen. REAL. The love between friendships. REAL. The love that everyone has for this little town. REAL. The love that Adam felt when he first laid eyes on Jane. REAL. I think this is what I love most about the books written by Melanie Shawn. The emotions are real. Not adjective filled ideas of emotions, but straight-up Paula Abdul lyric filled emotions. (Maybe with a little Vanilla Ice on the hook!)
- The humor that fills these novels is a perfect amount, not too much that it overwhelms the storyline, but the perfect dose that makes it feel like a real relationship developing. Those innocent quirks that you sweetly pick at. Adam teasing Jane about her snoring is one that makes me think about the first time my now-hubby heard me snore! Of course, I denied it too.
- Friendship. I think this is the key element throughout the last 10 books. Yes, I will admit - the sex is HOT! The love is swoon-worthy, but the friendships take the cake. Adam with Declan. (Which, by the way is a damn swoon-worthy name!) The Fabulous Four, and those added along the way. These are the relationships that keep the author's loyal fan base coming back for more! (In my opinion) As Jane started clicking away, Nikki called out for the kitchen, "Side note: ummm, hello? How hawt was Tow Truck Driver Lance?!" "I heard that!" Mike shouted from his office." "Yeah, babe," Nikki yelled back playfully. "I wasn't trying to be subtle."
- I need Eli to have his own story. I feel like he is ready to get down to business, and he is like the man who tries to pick up the woman RIGHT BEFORE she finds the one. :) I think he deserves a woman who is a damn handful. Like the Fab Four wrapped up into one kind of handful.