Friday, May 30, 2014

Talk This Way

Meet Dakota Cassidy. Her goals in life are simple, (like really simple): banish the color yellow forever, create world peace via hot rollers and Aqua Net; and finally, nab every tiara in the land by competing in the Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss World pageants, then sweeping them in a stunning trifecta of much duct tape and Vaseline usage, all in just under one week. Oh, and write really fun books!

I read my first book from Dakota, and my first thought was: 
WHY IN THE HECK HAVE I WAITED THIS LONG?

Talk This Way is the beginning of the Plum Orchard Series. (Or the Call Girl Series) I can give you THREE great reasons to read this book:

1) She named the lead female after me! (Okay...okay, maybe Catherine wasn't named after me... BUT, I bet if Dakota knew me when she wrote it, she would have named her after me!)

2) It is about a friggin PHONE SEX COMPANY! So you know the characters are going to be a riot!

3) There is talk of succubi, vampires, doppelgangers and ladies of the evening!!!

OH, and #4... this bad boy is FREE right now on Amazon!!! I'll wait for you to ONE-CLICK...

***waits patiently***

Welcome back and YOU ARE WELCOME! You will not regret this book! And now to my non-spoiler review, which basically means a little nonsense, a LOT of quotes and you reading the book! Works well for everyone involved.

Meet "Cat Butler, former balloon-animal maker, yoga instructor, tae-kwon-do assistant, file clerk, dog walker, plant sitter, bathroom attendant, nanny and, just recently, barista. Companionating was one thing I didn't do, but I'm an almost stripper. I say almost because that pole and me? We'll just never for along."

Enter Flynn McGrady who wins the ladies with lines like, "Just so you know, you're the air that I breathe. And you know that's true because I'm not a vampire and I really have lungs."

Told you! You need this book in your life. Small town feel romance that will have you laughing and swooning all at the same time. That is one amazing talent Dakota has. You also may or may not meet Cat's doppelganger. "It was my doppelganger. Or maybe my evil twin. If you're doin' your duty, and readin' those romance novels, you should know all about evil twins by now."

You know you get the HEA when you crack open a Romance Novel, it's how you get there. It's the grand gestures. The swoon-worthy moments that keep us reading!!! This particular grand gesture comes from a man whose mother's first post-stroke words might (or might not have been) "SPANK ME HARDER!" 

"Does this mean we're goin' together, Flynn McGrady? Anyone who knits a hat as fine as that beauty right there must mean business."
***
"Just wait until I show you the afghan I started. You'll be crazy about me in no time."

Now let's show the BEAUTIFUL Ms. Dakota Cassidy some LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment