Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gaming For Love

A young woman carrying the weight of her world on her shoulders. 
A man struggling with a devastating betrayal. 
Love is a game they’re determined to win… 

Yasmin just wants to keep her family’s Las Vegas bookstore afloat. She doesn’t have time for anything other than trying to figure out how to pay the bills. When an incredibly hot guy with tattoos and piercings walks into her store, she’s relieved to discover what a jerk he is once he opens his mouth. His bad behavior makes it easier to try and ignore the way her body responds to him. Trying is all she can do once he sets his sights on her, determined to win her over. 

Computer genius Scott Griffin thought he was in love once, until he found out that it was all a lie. The crazy, pen loving bookworm he encounters sets him on fire like no one else ever has. When she stands up to him, he realizes that it’s more than just her body that he’s intrigued by. But, he can’t have her, can’t have anyone after what happened in Chicago. Or, can he? When she challenges him to woo her, he pulls out all the stops. 

They embark on a romance filled with sweet gestures and steamy nights. Until a shocking revelation causes Scott to feel the sting of betrayal again while Yasmin loses everything, including the man she loves. A loving family and a loyal group of friends will try to help them find a way back to each other, but will it be too late to save them both? 


***
A few things you need to know about me: 
1) I worked at a bookstore for YEARS. (Favorite job EVER!)
2) I adore pens. 
3) Nerds ALWAYS do it better. 

With this information, you will understand why I truly enjoyed this NA book. Crystal pens (PUN INTENDED) a fun look into a billionaire type romance. Instantly, Scott and Yas disliked each other, and yet the attraction was their from the start. "And sweet Jesus, that mouth. Lush, sexy lips that seem set in a permanent smirk meant to drive a woman wild." As I dive deeper into my romance genre adventure, I learn this is my favorite type - Enemies to lovers. "Crazy pen loving bookworm," he mumbles while slamming down the pen and storming out the door. Both of them yearned for something the other could offer. 
I can't explain the instant connection I have with this family. Well, except for the connection with Scott. That is easily explained as pure lust at first sight. Until he opened his sexy mouth. Then it was irritation at first sight. 

"I don't like you either so I guess we're on the same page."

This book is filled with everything you desire in a NA book: 
Lust, young love, bumps in the road to your HEA, and all that angst you feel in your 20's when the world seems TOO big for you to handle and tattoos! 

My favorite part was the leading lady being so similar to myself. Not a size 2, book loving gal who loves her share of book boyfriends. 
"Don't be embarrassed. Tell me what those book boys do to drive you ladies wild."
Then you have Scott who plays to her desires on so many different levels. Gestures as grand as buying her the moon to a simple as a bouquet full of pens he collected during their time in Chicago. 
"And you with your glasses on, too? I am swooning right now. Oh shit, did I just say that out loud?"

Overall, this story has strong story lines and great messages of family, self-image and love throughout the entire novel. This is not just a romance, which I think is the appeal of this new genre, NA. At this age, you are finding yourself on a level that is overwhelming and it seems like you will never get through it. A wonderful first book from a talented Crystal Perkins. I am looking forward to diving into the rest of the Griffin boys stories. I love when a first book has such strong supporting characters that you are eager for the author to pen each of their stories! My final quote from this book is my favorite tat of Scott's: "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." - Martin Luther King, Jr

 4 Stars Crystal from this PEN LOVING BOOKWORM! 

Now let's show Crystal some LOVE: 

No comments:

Post a Comment