Friday, September 19, 2014

Sinful Rewards #3

Bee Carter's carefully constructed world is tumbling down around her designer knockoff heels. Pleasing others isn't working for this small-town fashionista. Bee decides to throw caution to the Chicago wind for one night and release her inner bad girl, accepting a sexy challenge from an unknown texter, exploring the backseat of a limousine with gorgeous billionaire Nicolas, and entering a rough, tough biker bar with the mysterious Hawke.

Two hot men, one wicked night. When this good girl goes wild, who will make her erotic dreams come true—the enigmatic billionaire or the tattooed bad boy?



Cynthia Sax tosses you right back into Bee's unknown world in Chicago. Will see get the job? Who is Friendly? When will she loose her BFF, Cyndi? Now don't expect Cynthia to answer all your questions in the latest installment. After all, we still have NINE more to go. 

Cynthia's dueling love interests compliment each other so well, you genuinely cannot decide from one page to the next. Hawke offers this overwhelmingly protectiveness when he sees Bee hurting. "He's a dead man," an achingly familiar voice rumbles. His ability to read her like he has known her all his life throws her off balance. He tastes of strong black coffee, flavored with a hint of forever, and I inhale, drawing him deep into me. This line stayed with me in such a strong way for a few reasons: 
  1. What would "a hint of forever" taste like? The barista in me played with this idea for FAR too long,
    and contemplated going into my local Starbucks and ordering a tall coffee with "a hint of forever" and seeing what they thought. (I then thought ig nstead of Catherine, they might write Crazy on my cup!)
  2. 'Forever' was such a unique description for Hawke. Hawke is the one who doesn't offer Bee the potential of a stable man who will stick around. 

Then you have Nicolas Rainer. My handsome, generous, hardworking billionaire is my forever. With Nicolas he is trying with her. As awkward as it comes off, it is endearing. The small gestures Bee notices, like the way he answers his phone now is intentional and shows how much her cares. He turns Bee on just as much as Hawke does, in my opinion, just in an entirely different way. Nicolas dips his head and skims his lips over mine, slowly, gently, a brief teasing caress. His breath brushes across my cheeks, his warmth coaxing the fire inside me higher. The scent of mint and expensive cologne tickles my nostrils, filling my senses with him. 

Cynthia's writing is flawless. Not a single scene is nonessential. Every tidbit of information is vital to the story at hand. Before I knew it, I was reading the page that said, Want to know what happens next for Bee, Nicolas and Hawke? Sinful Rewards 4 is available October 14 from Avon Red Impulse. Just when I was relaxing back into Bee's little Chicago world. Like my previous reviews of Sinful Rewards 1(My Review for Part 1) and Sinful Rewards 2 (My Review for Part 2), I don't do spoilers, but I will leave you with some of my favorite parts of the book that will leave you wanting more:
  • A piece of paper is set flat on the surface, beside a silver spoon and an ice bucket. I slide close and read the jagged script. 'Call me if you need more. Your Friend, N.' I peer into the ice bucket. Nestled amidst the perfect cubes of ice is a single-serve tub of decadent chocolate ice cream. My chest warms, Nicolas's thoughtfulness delighting me. 
  • "His kiss was nice, my double D's." Cyndi slaps my shoulder, the impact shaking my body. "That tongue tussle gave me a lady boner. The man lifted you off the ground. I got hot watching it."

I have my theories about who Friendly is, about how Nicolas and Hawke are tied, about who the envelope is from, BUT this isn't my story to tell. And I know well enough to leave it to the professional. And Cynthia is just that! A professional teller of these amazingly HOT HOT stories, and she is a wonderful friend. 

Sinful Rewards 4 releases October 14th
Add Sinful Rewards 4 to your TBR on Goodreads
LET'S SHOW CYNTHIA SOME LOVE:



No comments:

Post a Comment