Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reasonable Doubt: Volume 2

She lied to me... 
She betrayed the one rule that I'm most adamant about: Honesty. Complete and utter fucking honesty. 
I really wish she was someone else—someone who didn't have the ability to make me feel, someone I could easily discard like the hundreds of women before her. 
She isn't. 
I'm drawn to her like I've never been drawn to a woman before—completely captivated by the very sight of her. But unfortunately, with my past slowly re-surfacing for all of the world to see, I'll have to find a way to let her go. 
She can never be mine. 


Initial Thoughts when you first finished it?
Catherine: Who knew 67 pages could hurt so much? Could leave me NEEDING so much more? Did I forget to breathe during those 67 pages? Yep! Sure did! And I knew better. The first volume (which I fucking LOVED!) left me emotional scarred and in dire need of therapy. Andrew and Aubrey left us dying for some more of this story with the cliffhanger of all cliffhangers in the first volume. This middle book let us learn a lot more about my dear Andrew. I know I might not be the norm with this thought, but I love chapters or books that inform us more about the characters we love and are rooting for. 

Kristyn: oh my gosh!! I thought the first book had a cliff hanger! This woman needs to win an award for seriously killing me and giving me palpitations! This book is so good. 

If you could choose one supporting character to know more about (with NO explanation in case of spoilers) who would it be?
Catherine: Emma Henderson. 

Kristyn: I agree with Catherine on this one. 


Favorite part of the book?
Catherine: I am sure Kris will say the same thing, but I adored the banter between the two via email or text. It was light, fun and sexy. And then I loved getting the visual of his home. Really able to get a glimpse, albeit a very controlled by Andrew glimpse, into the man behind the filthy mouth that we love so much. 

Kristyn: I did say the same thing! I sent Catherine a message halfway through the book saying how much I loved the playfulness between them. The silly, fun emails. I loved how they seemed to get along so well outside of sex. They really had chemistry and I imagined them a happy playful couple. 


Favorite Quotes:
Catherine:
"No. I settled down first, then I started fucking."

"In the interest of your future short-lived and mediocre law career, I'm going to do two huge favors for you: One, I'm going to apologize for fucking you a second time and let you know it will never happen again. Two, I'm going to pretend like you didn't just assault me with some g*****n coffee."

"So, you don't love me anymore?"
"I don't answer rhetorical questions,"I said."

"I would run my car over you."

"Andrew was the epitome of what it meant to be an asshole, a shining example of what that word stood for, but no matter how pissed I was, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him."

"Get your hands off of me..."
"Say it more convincingly and I will." He wait for my request, raising his eyebrow, but I couldn't bring myself to say those words."

"I never said I was a gentleman."

"So, the white roses and the 'He's just yelling at you because he knows you're the best/Don't let him get to you' note that was on the hood of my car today weren't from you?" I hung up."

Kristyn:

"Are you happy?" He whispered.
"Yes..."
"Are you sure? Is there anything else outside of my comfort zone you'd like me to do for you tonight?"
"Not tonight, but you could make me breakfast in the morning."
"You're pushing it..."

"I don't do pillow talk."
"It's not pillow talk." I scoffed. "It's part of being a gentleman."
"I never said I was a gentleman..."



Final Thoughts: 
Catherine: These are characters I am invested in, and while the storyteller has decided to serve the story in appetizer portions doesn't make the meal any less delicious. I just loved it. This 2nd time around I was emotionally prepared for a cliffhanger. (if you expected otherwise after the whopper in the 1st volume, I don't even know what to say) Even with all  my preparation, my heart still ached with each bump in the road. Small (to the strangers eye) gestures made by both parties made my heart melt with anticipation of some positive progress. My heart goes out to those who are weak hearted and read this series before it is complete. And to the ever talented Whitney, you did it again. I am patiently waiting for Andrew to return to me. 

Kristyn: I love these books. I have to admit, out of all the books I have read in this genre, I love them as a couple the most. They fit together so well. They just seem like they have the potential to live happily ever after. I cannot wait to read the rest. They are officially my favorite "couple" if only he would let them be a couple.


ANOTHER FIVE STARS FROM BOTH OF US for REASONABLE DOUBT 2!

Show our girl Whitney some serious I.F.L.Y type love and affection: 

No comments:

Post a Comment