Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Nerd's Dozen: Kris Calvert Style

In honor of Kris's release of Sex, Lies & Lipstick we are featuring her on our latest edition of the Book Nerd's Dozen! Welcome Kris!


1) Waiting in line at Starbucks, what are you ordering? What name do you give?
Kris: Venti shaken iced tea sweetened (of course) and I give my real name, Kris bu they rarely spell it with a "k"
2) Who was your first book boyfriend?
Kris: I don't remember my first "book boyfriend" but I loved all of Jackie Collins' Lucky books and the Hollywood Husbands/Wives. That was my first dip in the pool of romance.
3) Last song you couldn't get enough of?
Kris: "Sky High Honey" by Matt Nathanson
4) At this very moment, do your socks match?
Kris: Yes. Monkey socks. They are my favorite.
5) Dog-earring: okay or unforgivable?
Kris: Only okay if they made a fabulous trip to the beach.
6) What is your super power?
Kris: I am a cupcake ninja. Love to make them and give them away. It is my stress relief.
7) Dog person or cat person?
Kris: Dog for sure. Millie my Yorkie is always at my feet.
8) Nickname?
Kris: Krissy
9) If you had to leave one piece of advice for the next generation, what would it be?
Kris: Don't ever let anyone tell you no
10) Tell me about your best author fangirl moment! (Either one you had or one someone had with you!)
Kris: I had a girl tell me that after reading my book, BE MINE, she went to Starbucks to read and look for the love of her life - which is the premise of the story.
11) Are the men in your stories your ideal? Do you write them based off of someone?
Kris: All the men I write are a little different with one exception - they are all Southern gentlemen. I was raised in the South and it's always ladies first.
12) Now, this one is important... Do you return your buggy to it's proper location after grocery shopping?
Kris: ALWAYS. It is a huge pet peeve of mine. That and people who take more tha none parking spot.
And finally, for the last and final question in your Book Nerd's Dozen:
13) Can you leave us fans with some juicy tidbit? A secret? (WE WON'T TELL!) A pet peeve?
Kris: I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Like, I really, really LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I allow myself one every year on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment