Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Maze Release!!!


The Maze
Jennifer Lowery


TAG: ...A game of survival tests their will and their love.
A mission she can’t forget...
The first female operative for the counterterrorism unit known as ATCOM, Atalanta 
Devayne is haunted by a former mission gone wrong. That mission led to her 
imprisonment, torture, and ultimate retirement, along with her loss of faith in the man 
she’d trusted with her life.
Brings his vengeance...
Former Navy SEAL, Noah Kincaid, bears the responsibility of Attie’s imprisonment and 
blames himself for not protecting her from drug lord Carlos Santiago. This time he won’t 
fail her.
In a deadly game of survival.
Santiago has resurfaced and set up an elaborate plan to exact his revenge on Attie by 
taking her brother hostage. The only way to save him is by revisiting the darkness of her 
past and relying on a man she can’t trust. In a battle of life or death, Noah and Attie are 
put to the test. They must face challenges to overcome the past and accept their feelings 
for each other before the danger that tore them apart separates them forever.
Content Warning: Sexual content


THE PLAYLIST
I love music almost as much as I love writing. Probably because my hubby played in a band when I met
him and my son has his own band now. Yeah, practice in my basement every weekend, lol. For most of
my stories I have playlists. Songs that fit my story and my characters, the mood of the story, the theme.
For The Maze I had a pretty short playlist, but it was intense and fit my story perfectly. Want to see it?
Maybe you’ll recognize some of the bands. Or maybe it’ll show my age, lol.
There is one song in particular that I just know was written for The Maze. The lyrics, the riffs, and,
oh, James Hetfield singing-yep, meant to be! I wrote most of my ms to this song. See if you know it:
Metallica-Until It Sleeps. It captured my heroine, Attie, and all she suffered so perfectly. Then Noah, her
rock. 
And now, for the rest of my playlist:

Metallica-Load and Reload
Audioslave-Audioslave 

See, told you it was short, lol. But, these awesome artists got me through the writing of The Maze and I
thank them for it! To this day whenever I hear any song off any of these albums I am taken back to the
scenes I was writing when I heard them and the emotions I felt as I wrote them. I fall in love with Noah 
and Attie and this story all over again.

THE RECIPE

I love cooking almost as much as I love writing. Almost. Writing is definitely my passion, but cooking can be fun sometimes too. I often include cooking scenes in my writing and it is usually the hero that is doing the cooking. Hmm...wonder why that is, lol. Probably because I don’t have the time anymore! And, probably why I started a cooking blog called Romance Recipes...Authors cooking up more than romance. So I can introduce readers to a blog where they can meet new authors, try a new recipe and pick up a new book all in one place! If you’d like to check it out here the link:
Romance Recipes!!!In The Maze Noah and Attie cook a meal together. I can’t really tell you when or why because that would give the story away so you’ll have to read the book to find out when they cook this meal together J But, I can give you the recipe and tell you it is delicious! Noah and Attie give it their seal of approval and since Noah is a former Navy SEAL you know it’s authentic! LOL. So, here’s the recipe for Cilantro-Lime Chicken from The Maze. Enjoy!Cilantro-Lime Chicken
Serves 4
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 small onions
1 small green or red jalapeño
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
1 large lime
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
Hot cooked jasmine rice

-Cut chicken into chunks or strips.-Cut each onion into 8 wedges.-Cut jalapeño crosswise into slices; remove seeds (wear gloves)-Cut ginger into thin slices.-Zest lime and juice to measure 2 tbs. juice.-Heat wok over med-high heat 1 minute. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken, jalapeño and ginger: stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium.-Add onions; stir-fry 5 minutes.-Add lime peel, juice, and cilantro; stir-fry 1 minute.-Add soy sauce and sugar; stir until hot.-Serve with rice.

A FUN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR'S CHARACTERS FROM THIS BOOK

How did you first meet your writer?
Noah: When she called me to duty to rescue one of my operatives. I didn’t agree with Jennifer’s
terms, but she didn’t leave me any choice. Writers are stubborn creatures.
Attie: Noah’s right. Writers are very stubborn. Jennifer pulled me back into duty after my
retirement from ATCOM. Against my will. But *glances at Noah with warmth in her eyes* I’m
glad she did.

What are your favorite scenes in your book: the action, the dialog or the romance?

Attie: As the first female operative for ATCOM, I love the action. Who wouldn’t love being in
the field? *sends Noah a sizzling hot look* Then again, the romance is great too.
Noah: *returns the look, but doesn’t comment*
Do you infiltrate your writer’s dreams?
Jennifer: I’m going to interrupt this interview to answer this question because these two didn’t
let me sleep peacefully the entire time I was writing this book. Okay, continue.
Attie: In our defense, you weren’t a very cooperative writer. You refused to listen to me.
Jennifer: *nods* I’m working on my control issues. It all worked out in the end though, didn’t
it?
Attie: *smiles* Yes. Definitely.

Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in?
Noah and Attie in unison: Yes.

If you could rewrite anything in your book, what would it be?
Would you be interested in a sequel, if your writer was so inclined?

Noah: Hell, no. No more books. My wife isn’t going through anything like that again. Damn it,
Jen, you promised.
Jennifer: *whispers* Relax, Noah. Attie is safe. Now, as far as the rest of the ATCOM guys...
What are you proudest of?

Noah: *something deep and haunted flashes in his blue eyes* My wife.

Attie: *smiles and laces her fingers through Noah’s as they share a private moment* 

What do you like most about where you live?

Attie: After spending time in a South American jungle, I love Montana and living in the
mountains. The air is so clear and crisp. If I never visit a jungle again, it’ll be too soon.
Noah: *goes rigid in his chair, but remains silent*

What is your least favorite word?

Noah and Attie in unison: Carlos Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment