Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Little Things

Everything in Duke Grayson’s life was all he could ever ask for: A loving family, loyal friends, a beautiful girlfriend, and a scholarship to his top choice college. It’s his senior year of high school, and all he needs is to focus on his grades, lacrosse, and keeping his girlfriend happy. That is until Raya walks into his life. 

From the moment they meet, Duke is drawn to her, not only for her natural beauty and her stunning crystal blue eyes, but because he’s aware there’s more to this girl than just his alluring pull to her. He senses secrecy and fear. 

Throughout the year, their bond grows stronger, and his feelings for her become undeniable. Just when he is about to express his love, tragedy strikes and Raya disappears. 

For six years, Duke is tortured by his struggles, as he’s unable to find her and blames himself for failing to protect her. Until the day, she’s found, and he’s given a second chance. Will Duke become her beacon of hope and make her see that it’s the little things that make life worthwhile? Can Raya overcome her fears and fight against the terrors that haunt her? Or will her dark and torturous past be too much for her to battle against? 



***Received a copy for an honest review***

I loved the story. It was deep and dark and different from most romances you read these days. I eagerly turned pages to find out the whereabouts of each character. It's characters like this that make reading feel so real to me. I felt like I was there with Duke, Rob and Melanie praying for her safe return. 

The story was such a powerful one that I was surprised how long it took to get really going. It was interesting to see the progress of writing style throughout the book. Usually, I can see an author's writing improve with each book - but it was fun to see it happen within this book. By the end, I was eager for the next one to come out! 

Duke is just an all-around awesome guy from his respect of his relationship to Mel to his undying love for Raya. I was rooting for him from the beginning. Mel is the epitome of what you would think is a total B****, but she is sweet as pie. (Almost too sweet! But I know this is what Raya needs - heck it is what we all need as girls in high school... I guess, with the epidemic of 'mean girls' - Mel's kindness seems unreal) I hope we see Mel find her HEA in future books by Madison Street. 

Overall, I give this book a strong 3.5 stars. If you are looking for a romance like nothing you are used to, give this book a go! I would love to know what you think when you are done!!! 



Let's show Madison SOME LOVE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment