Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lost in Me - Lexi Ryan

Lost in Me is the first book in the Here and Now series, a spin-off of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Hope series. This sexy amnesia love triangle is intended for mature readers.

The last thing I remember is having drinks at Brady’s and trying to avoid eye-contact with my life-long crush—the gorgeous, unattainable Maximilian Hallowell. They tell me that was a year ago, but I have no memories of anything since then. What I do have is this ring on my finger that Max says he gave me, and this much-thinner body I’ve dreamed of most of my life. Aside from a case of retrograde amnesia, everything seems almost...perfect.

But the deeper I immerse myself into this new world of mine—planning a wedding to a man I don't remember dating, attempting to run a business I don't remember starting—the clearer it becomes that nothing is as it seems. Do I have the life I’ve always wanted or is it a façade propped up by secrets I don't even know I have?

I need answers before I marry Max, and the only person who seems to have them is the angry, tatted, sexy-as-sin rocker Nate Crane. And Nate wants me for himself.



I was randomly scrolling through my facebook page and I see a suggested post from an author I had never heard of. I usually ignore those type of things but at that moment, I read the post. It sounded really good. I went straight to Amazon and one clicked it. I finished the book I was reading and started on this book today. I was instantly hooked. I wasn't even 30 pages into it and I am sending Catherine messages asking what she is reading and demanding that she put it down and start this one. I devoured it! Her books have been described as intense, emotional and wickedly sexy. I agree! I couldn't put into words how to describe this book, but someone else did it perfectly!

I have always been fascinated with amnesia stories. Ive even imagined what it would be like if I woke up not knowing who I was. I think it has something to do with new beginnings. I love the Harrison Ford movie Regarding Henry where he realizes he didn't like his life before and changes it. This too was like that. Hanna wakes up in the hospital with retrograde amnesia and cant remember the last 11 months of her life. She has the skinny body she has always wanted, a business of her own, and the man she has been in love with since 13. Her life seems perfect. I like Hanna a lot. I like trying to figure out what memories she has lost. I love Liz. It hurt me to see how messed up their relationship was and not knowing why. I love seeing that relationship build itself back up.

"Trying to explain to someone what its like to have a twin sister is like trying to explain to someone what its like to have a pulse. I don't know any other way.  All I know is that her smile is attached to my heart. I float when she's happy, and when she's sad, my world is a puzzle with a missing piece."

Max... Im not quite sure how I feel about him. I just had such a bad feeing about him from the very beginning. Hanna wants it to work so badly with him. I want it to work with him. Being in love with him since thirteen is a long time! I wanted that childhood crush to mean something. I wanted her life to be as perfect as she wanted it to be. I just couldn't break that bad feeling about him. He just seems too good to be true.

"I know you don't remember. Ill win your heart all over again if I have to."

Nate... Is it strange that I fell for him the moment he was introduced as a character?

"His expression goes from confused to desolate as he skims his eyes over my bruised face. "Damn. What happened to you, angel?"

I think the moment he realized that her and Max were getting married and he looked so heart broken, my heart went out to him. But what kind of person was Hanna that she had two men? Why would she be cheating on Max if he was as perfect as she had dreamed he was? If she had everything she ever wanted why was there a prescription for antidepressants in her kitchen? Which guy will she end up choosing?

"Girl, your life has gotten better than my daytime soaps. Days of Our Lives cannot compete with this shit."

When one of the men say something like this to her, my heart melts.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met." He swallows and braves a tentative smile. "You're like the sun - completely blind to your own beauty because you are so busy making everyone around you shin. No matter how far we hide in the shadows, you share your light."

This book had me hooked. I couldn't put it down. When memories started coming back, my heart broke . When the truth came out about everything and why she wasn't as close to her sister anymore, I cried a little. When she chose who she wanted to be with and that guy didn't want her in the way she wanted, I cried a lot. Simply put, this book was amazing. I love the mystery surrounding everything and the romance. As soon as I was done, I immediately bought the second one and started reading.  I want a conclusion. I want to know what happened the day of the accident. I want to now if it was really an accident.  I think Lexi Ryan is a new favorite of mine and I will be reading all of her books. I do have to say, I wish I would have read the other series first, just because this book gave away some of the other books.

I whole heartedly give this book a five stars!!

 
Show the author some love!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment